Missouri Foundation for Health is pleased to begin accepting applications for the 2019 Dr. Corinne Walentik Leadership in Health Award. Corinne Walentik was a physician and professor of pediatrics in the Division of Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine at Saint Louis University, as well as a physician executive for Managed Care and Public Policy at SSM Cardinal Glennon Children’s Medical Center. Known as a champion for children, Dr. Walentik was passionate about improving children’s health care and public health and received significant local, regional, and national recognition for her tireless efforts. She served on MFH’s Community Advisory Council for six years before joining the Board of Directors in 2007.
The Dr. Corinne Walentik Leadership in Health Award was established to honor Dr. Walentik’s service to both MFH and her work on behalf of vulnerable residents, especially children in the MFH service area. The award is presented to a leader in Missouri health who exemplifies the passion, dedication, and energy that Dr. Walentik brought to her work.
Learn more about Dr. Walentik here.
Open Call for Nominations
- Nominations Open: April 8, 2019
- Nominations Due: July 8, 2019
- Winner Notified: Sept. 20, 2019
- Formal Announcement and Presentation: Dec. 18, 2019
The award recipient will receive a personal award of $2,500, and a $25,000 award will be made to an organization of the recipient’s choosing. The formal presentation of the award will take place at the MFH Annual Dinner in St. Louis on the evening of December 18, 2019.
Nominees for the Dr. Corinne Walentik Leadership in Health Award must demonstrate passion for the health of the underserved in Missouri, particularly children. The selection committee looks for an individual who has demonstrated leadership, commitment, impact, and has driven positive change in the Missouri health environment. Preference will be given to individuals who are mid-career with a commitment to continued service to vulnerable children in Missouri.
In addition, the nominee must agree to participate in the selection process and must reside in the MFH region. The organization selected by the recipient must be a nonprofit organization exempt from federal tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and must also be located in the MFH region.
Nominations should be specific, clear, and concise. Excessive documentation will not be distributed to the selection committee. Only completed applications will be considered.
- Nomination cover sheet
- Nomination narrative
- Nominee biography (250 word maximum)
- Rationale for nomination (500 word maximum)
- Describe how the candidate exemplifies the following traits (250 words or less for each)
- Leadership – Takes a proactive role in advocating for health policies and programs that address the improvement of health in Missouri and that focus on the state’s most vulnerable populations;
- Commitment – Is involved in the community as an advocate for improving the health and well-being of individuals and communities most in need;
- Partnership – Works closely with other individuals and organizations to forge relationships that give voice to those who do not have one;
- Impact – Has a proven record of improving health and health care access, quality, and affordability for underserved Missourians.
- Curriculum vitae: Include educational background, professional positions, publications, awards, honors, activities, etc.
- Two letters of recommendation (diversity of support is recommended)
Finalists will be asked to participate in an interview process. The recipient and selected organization are subject to review and approval by MFH Board of Directors.
Nominations must be received no later than 4 p.m. on July 8, 2019. Late or incomplete nominations will not be considered for review. Please email complete nomination packets to email@example.com.
The selection committee will consist of MFH Board, Community Advisory Council, and staff members.
If you have questions about the Dr. Corinne Walentik Leadership in Health Award please email Courtney Stewart, Vice President of Strategic Communications, or call her at (314) 345-5505.