Missouri Foundation for Health is now accepting applications for our 2022 Dr. Corinne Walentik Leadership in Health Award. Dr. Walentik was a powerful advocate who helped shape the Foundation in its early days and whose work included saving the lives of countless infants as a doctor in the neonatal intensive care unit. We pay tribute to her commitment to improving the health of Missourians, especially children, through this award.
The honor is presented annually to a health leader in Missouri who exemplifies the passion, dedication, and energy that she brought to her work.
Learn more about Dr. Walentik and view a list of previous awardees here.
- Nominations Due: 4 p.m. (CT) on August 1, 2022
- Winner Notified: Sept. 16, 2022
- Formal Announcement and Presentation: December 15, 2022
The award recipient will receive a personal award of $2,500, and a $25,000 award will be made to a charitable organization of the recipient’s choosing. The formal presentation of the award will take place at MFH’s annual dinner in St. Louis on December 15, 2022.
Nominees for the Dr. Corinne Walentik Leadership in Health Award must demonstrate passion for the health of the underserved in Missouri, particularly children. The selection committee looks for an individual who has demonstrated leadership, commitment, impact, and has driven positive change in the Missouri health environment. Preference will be given to individuals who are mid-career with a commitment to continued service to vulnerable children in Missouri.
In addition, the nominee must agree to participate in the selection process and must reside in the MFH region. The organization selected by the recipient must be a nonprofit organization exempt from federal tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and must also be located in the MFH region.
Nominations should be specific, clear, and concise. Excessive documentation will not be distributed to the selection committee. Only completed applications will be considered.
- Nomination narrative
- Nominee biography (250 word maximum)
- Rationale for nomination (500 word maximum)
- Describe how the candidate exemplifies the following traits (250 words or less for each)
- Leadership – Takes a proactive role in advocating for health policies and programs that address the improvement of health in Missouri and that focus on the state’s most vulnerable populations;
- Commitment – Is involved in the community as an advocate for improving the health and well-being of individuals and communities most in need;
- Partnership – Works closely with other individuals and organizations to forge relationships that give voice to those who do not have one;
- Impact – Has a proven record of improving health and health care access, quality, and affordability for underserved Missourians.
- Curriculum vitae: Include educational background, professional positions, publications, awards, honors, activities, etc.
- Two letters of recommendation (diversity of support is recommended)
Finalists will be asked to participate in an interview process. The recipient and selected organization are subject to review and approval by MFH Board of Directors.
Nominations must be received no later than 4 p.m. on August 1, 2022. Late or incomplete nominations will not be considered for review. Access the nomination form here.
The selection committee will consist of MFH Board, Community Advisory Council, and staff members.
If you have questions about the Dr. Corinne Walentik Leadership in Health Award please email Ryan Barker, Vice President of Responsive Philanthropy, or call him at (314) 345-5510.