Please RSVP by September 27 to let us know you are coming!
When: Monday, October 9 at 3:00 p.m. – Tuesday, October 10 at 3:30 p.m.
Where: Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark
All sessions will be held at the Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark and a block of rooms has been reserved for convening attendees. Room reservations must be made no later than September 9. The room rate is $155 (plus taxes) and a discounted overnight self-parking rate of $25/night is being offered at the Stadium East Garage. Funds have been allocated in your HSHC budget to attend the convening.
Click here to reserve your room online or call Hilton reservations at 1-800-445-8667. Use promo code: MO Foundation for Health.
We have a full schedule planned for our annual convening! Come prepared to learn from local professionals, get inspired by our keynote speaker, Dr. JoAnne Owens-Nauslar, share lessons learned with your peers, and more. Here’s a sneak peek at the agenda:
- Policy panel with mayors and superintendents to learn what they look for in policies and how to create change in your community and school. Come prepared with questions to take advantage of this insider knowledge.
- Schools as the Hub coordinators will share their own successes (and challenges!) with grant writing, working with champions, and writing policies.
- Healthy Communities coordinators will dig into creative partnerships, setting up MOUs, and grant writing.
- We’ll have experts leading hands-on workshops, including a TV reporter to talk about getting media coverage, a professional grant writer with tips and tricks, our stellar evaluation team, and more!
- And we’ll have a session just for our school champions to explore best practices and resources that transforms your school into a healthy environment!
We’ll also celebrate the great work happening across the state with our annual awards ceremony… and a few surprises!
A note for school coordinators!
This year’s HSHC convening is taking place just before the American School Health Association’s 2017 annual conference (October 11 – 13) being held at the same location! The ASHA conference will complement what we discuss at the HSHC convening. If you have time, we encourage you to attend both. We have secured ASHA membership rates for any HSHC grantees who would like to attend. We will be sending out a registration link soon. Conference registration and hotel booking must be done separately from your HSHC registration.