The Accounting Coordinator will perform the day-to-day accounting functions related to input of the weekly check run, support contract management invoice review, purchasing card and travel expense reimbursement review, vendor record file maintenance, and other general assistance as needed in a timely manner.
- Process weekly disbursements including review and coding of invoices, compiling of supporting documentation, routing approval requests, and input into the accounting software system, setting up payment methods including ACH, check and bank drafts
- Support contract management with review of invoices which includes inspection of the contract for allowable expenses and assessment of the current spending based upon the duration of the agreement
- Maintain accounting software for workflows, proper payment methods, general ledger defaults and expense management categories
- Review travel reimbursement requests
- Maintain purchase order log, equipment schedules, office supply orders, vendor records, W-9 forms, ACH records and assist with various schedules as needed.
- Serve as backup for payroll input and other modules of the HRIS systems; assist with Foundation benefit program administration
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma required; associate’s degree preferred
- Two years of experience in a related position preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Windows, Office 365, and an accounting ERP system a plus
- Knowledge of payroll HRIS systems