Senior Communications Strategist
This position is responsible for effectively informing and promoting the Foundation, its brand, people, work, and mission. The strategist will work closely with the Vice President of Strategic Relationships to implement communication strategies that further the goals of this new area at the Foundation. In addition, this position will develop communications strategies that will promote and tell the stories of the Foundation’s Enduring Priorities, including Opportunity Fund, MoCAP, and Health Policy and Advocacy to both internal and external audiences.
- Effectively collaborate with colleagues to identify opportunities to use communications strategies to advance the mission, values, and work of the Foundation
- Advise and engage MFH staff across the Foundation on a variety of appropriate communication practices to enhance their work
- Develop and implement strategic communications plans to reach various target audiences, elevate strategic initiative work, and achieve programmatic goals
- Press releases, commentaries, op-eds, and other short-form publications will be high quality, timely, and compelling
- High-impact content will be disseminated via multiple platforms for multiple intended audiences. Diverse audiences will receive clear and appropriate information, as complex information is made understandable to change hearts and minds around pressing health and social justice issues
- All Foundation materials will be “on brand” and strategically aligned with mission, values, and objectives
- Opportunities for press releases, news conferences, reporter education and briefings that generate media attention will be identified, drawing upon strong relationships with journalists and media outlets
- Foundation colleagues will receive clear, concise training, coaching, and support ensuring successful internal and external communication and delivering of messaging that supports the work in areas identified
- Contractors supporting the Foundation’s communications activities will have the information and support they need to effectively execute the responsibilities of their contract
- Participates in team activities and completes diverse assignments in support of team goals
- Performs general Foundation support activities and carries out special projects as required
- Adheres to the Foundation’s core and staff values
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum levels of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Journalism, or similar field
- Five years of relevant work experience that demonstrates knowledge of storytelling, writing, editing, high-level communications practices, and strategy design
- Knowledge of Associated Press style and guidelines
The starting salary range for this position is $78,000 to $87,300 per year.
How to Apply
The Foundation offers competitive compensation and benefits. For questions about the application process, please contact Tomye Harris.