The Facility Manager will maintain all interior and exterior spaces of MFH buildings and grounds. Duties include light cleaning and maintenance, coordination, and supervision of service providers, budget responsibility and oversight of the kitchen/reception and conference center facilities to provide a welcoming and functional environment for MFH staff and guest and to represent MFH in a favorable light with the community.
- Visual inspection of buildings and grounds with the objective of maintaining immaculate and impeccable facilities consistent with MFH’s image of qualify and care of the community. Address issues of cleanliness, disrepair, or concern personally or by engaging an appropriate service provider. Manage schedule of ongoing maintenance, inspections, and cleaning to ensure that major systems are working properly and kept up to date.
- Maintain current knowledge of local service providers, solicit proposals for service, and select providers consistent with high-quality service within budget and at a market competitive cost. Monitor internal systems for lighting, HVAC, and other building services to ensure all systems are working properly for the building.
- Be attentive to all facility needs of staff and guests. This includes coordination with IT Manager, Community Events Coordinator, and others to ensure room set up, audio visual and other needs for each meeting or events that are requested and appropriate. Be present for major events to assist with facility needs. Communicate with event coordinator if a guest damages property. Be part of the team the makes sure all efforts are given for external and internal customer service.
- Address emergency repairs and advise on long-term maintenance planning, including financial implications, as well as oversee major projects. Also, be attentive to furniture and fixture needs and planning. Understand MFH insurance coverage and address any claims or concerns with Senior Director of Finance and Administration as appropriate.
- Represent MFH to the community as appropriate including, but not limited to attending neighbor association meetings, maintaining positive relationships with city and neighborhood authorities, neighborhood association, neighborhood crime monitoring groups, and all commercial and residential neighbors, thus ensuring we are good neighbors and included in the community.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Must be high school graduate; minimum five years progressively responsible experience in related field, i.e., building and facilities management/or facilities management, residential or commercial construction, general contracting (additional education may be substituted for some experience)
- Some college preferred; comprehensive documented knowledge of methods and techniques of the trade (facilities, maintenance, safety, etc.). Comprehensive knowledge of methods and techniques of the trades (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, etc.) is essential
- Experience in vendor management/performance and negotiation of contracts, including analyzing RFPs and vendor bids to determine best course of action
- Experience with vendor management and contracts
- Two years in a facilities operation role with budgetary responsibilities
- Hands-on experience performing minor repairs and maintenance such as paint, door hardware, light carpentry work, HVAC, and plumbing
- Ability to track expenses and work with a budget; experience with development of budget preferred
- Microsoft Office skills including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook. Ability to interpret blueprints, schematics, drawings, and specifications