Under the supervision of the Director of Health Advocacy, and as part of the Health Policy and Advocacy team, the Health Advocacy Strategist uses relevant knowledge and expertise to provide operational support for both strategy development and implementation of multiple strategic priorities. The Strategist demonstrates independent judgement, self-initiative, and a strong commitment to health equity in their work with internal colleagues and external partners.
- As required for assigned topic areas, collect and communicate information about evidence-based and promising advocacy and organizing practices; local, state, and national influencers and allies; community factors that impact relevant issues; related power dynamics; and current public, private, and philanthropic activity.
- Provide day-to-day operational support for the development, implementation, assessment, and revision of strategy within assigned programs, engaging effectively with internal and external partners.
- Plan, organize, and facilitate meetings, convenings, webinars, etc. with strategic and community partners.
- Work both individually and as part of a team to guide and manage effective funding investments, including developing requests for applications/proposals, reviewing submissions, coordinating the review process with other departments, and communicating with applicants.
- Initiate, foster, and maintain relationships with grantees, contractors, advocates, and organizers across Missouri.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge base to inform new and ongoing Foundation activities for advocacy-related and other relevant issues as assigned.
- Conduct competent analysis, diagnosis, and development of recommendations for approaches to support strategy development, implementation, and refinement.
- Provide timely and accurate input for development of initiative plans and subsequent updates, contributing to knowledgeable decision-making by Foundation leadership.
- Define and effectively manage day-to-day work activities and Foundation resources to promote the success of the advocacy strategy.
- Use interpersonal and relational skills to support the accomplishment of initiative goals and objectives effectively and efficiently.
- Proactively identify, develop, and nurture partnerships important to the Foundation’s advocacy and related work.
- Participates in team activities and completes diverse assignments in support of team goals.
- Performs general Foundation support activities and carries out special projects as required.
- Adheres to the Foundation’s core and staff values.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum levels of education and experience.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience: Three or more years of work experience that demonstrates the ability to achieve essential outcomes of the position.