This opportunity is now closed.
The Health Policy Associate conducts background research, uses existing data sources, and compiles and organizes information relevant to current issues in health policy. The Associate will prepare policy briefs, papers, presentations, and other written communication on a variety of topics of importance to the Foundation and its constituencies. The Associate will also share responsibility for ongoing support of the Health Policy area’s project-based work, including developing Requests for Proposals, managing project timelines, hosting convenings, and coordinating with internal and external partners. This position is a key member of the Foundation’s professional team, collaborating regularly with colleagues in research and learning, strategic communications, strategic initiatives, and program administration.
- Conduct background policy research and analysis to support existing and potential Foundation priorities as well as issues more broadly applicable to the Foundation’s target population. Synthesize findings to identify best practices
- Serve as primary writer for policy publications, both short and long-format. Produce accurate, clear, well-written documents formatted appropriately for the intended audience
- Develop materials for policy related presentations and/or speaking engagements. Collaborate with colleagues to identify appropriate content and develop engaging presentation materials for a wide variety of audiences
- Work with Strategic Communications to manage the MFH Health Policy social media accounts and develop website content. Prepare accurate, timely, and relevant content for all mediums
- Assist in planning and execution of Foundation-wide advocacy activities and policymaker engagement. Work with colleagues across the Foundation to ensure high-quality events
- Serve as key staff for a small group of contract-supported policy studies commissioned by the Foundation. Develop RFPs, assist with proposal review and contract processing, and oversee work to completion
- Represent the Foundation in the community, at conferences, and in the media as requested. Conduct educational presentations and seminars on issues of relevance to MFH and Missouri
- Be a resource to colleagues on the various ways health policy intersects with all Foundation work. Participate in strategic initiative teams as assigned. Work closely with Learning & Research to provide guidance on policy aspects of Foundation supported research activities
- Actively contribute to the effectiveness of the Foundation. Participate in the Foundation’s organizational, professional and intellectual life with colleagues across the organization
- Serve as a resource for MFH staff, Board of Directors and Community Advisory Council
- Performs general Foundation support activities and carries out special projects as required
- Adheres to the Foundation’s core and staff values
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Master’s degree in an appropriate discipline and minimum of two years professional experience preferred
Training in quantitative methodologies preferred
- Experience researching and analyzing various topics. Proven ability to synthesize research material and present concise, clear, written analysis for a broad audience
- Ability to effectively interact, communicate and collaborate with people from a variety of cultural backgrounds
Tolerance for ambiguity and an ability to adapt quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple projects and tight deadlines without sacrificing details or quality of work.
- Ability to organize and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Strong team orientation with the ability to collaborate effectively with employees at all levels.
- Ability to balance team and individual responsibilities.
- Experience leading or managing projects, budgets, and outcomes.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
- A deep commitment to the Foundation’s mission, core values, and workplace values.
- Ability to travel up to 20 percent of the time
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software