Under the supervision of the Vice President of Health Policy, the Health Policy Strategist participates in cross-functional teams to identify appropriate policy strategies to address the objectives of an initiative or project. The Health Policy Strategist conducts research, uses existing data, and analyzes and organizes information relevant to current issues in health policy as assigned to inform MFH’s work.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of health policy issues and trends that affect the health and well-being of Missourians. Use that knowledge to contribute to the success of MFH programs and initiatives.
- Provide policy perspective to internal teams and work with the health policy team to evaluate the appropriateness of policy related projects that the Foundation might choose to undertake.
- Proactively identify instances when policy projects or analysis could help move Foundation strategy forward and help guide those projects so that opportunities are actualized.
- The Foundation’s strategy and decision-making processes are informed by a thorough understanding of the policy context in which those strategies and decisions are taking place.
- Documents and analyses are shared internally and with relevant external audiences, contributing to improvements in policies and programs across the state.
- Foundation staff, contractors, and grantees have the policy-related information and support needed to effectively execute their responsibilities.
- Work is done collaboratively with colleagues from across the Foundation, ensuring that policy is incorporated into plans and strategies.
- Participates in team activities and completes diverse assignments in support of team goals.
- Performs general Foundation support activities and carries out special projects as required.
- Adheres to the Foundation’s core and staff values.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum levels of education and experience.
- Education: Degree in health policy, public health, or a related field, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Experience: Three or more years of relevant work experience required, including an understanding of key issues in health policy and experience researching and analyzing various topics and effectively communicating findings.