Community Activities Funding
The Community Activity Fund is our way of supporting direct-service organizations in the region through sponsorship of fundraising events. We receive numerous requests throughout the year to sponsor a wide range of events, and we usually consider funding one event per organization per calendar year. The Foundation considers an eligible event as a fundraising event to support the ongoing mission of a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose mission and/or activities align with our mission and values. The Foundation’s contribution is generally in the form of purchasing a table, tickets, or a cash donation to support the event.
To ensure that all requests are reviewed and fairly considered, all requests must be submitted through our online application process and meet the eligibility criteria provided. No telephone requests will be considered. A written submission does not guarantee that your request will be fulfilled. You will be notified of our decision via email within four weeks of your request.
If you will be displaying the MFH logo on materials such as banners, T-shirts, brochures, or fliers, please download the correct format here.
MFH will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status. As part of the application process, applicants will be required to affirm that the applicant will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status either in its employment practices or in its policies and procedures concerning access to services.
If you have questions regarding event sponsorship, please contact Sue Schmitz.
- If your organization has been funded for event sponsorships in the current calendar year, although rare, we will consider funding additional events during that same year.
- If your event does not have the option of choosing sponsorship levels, it is imperative that you justify the amount of money you are requesting for your organization.
- The Foundation does not make underwriting contributions for specific event expenses or budget line items (e.g., food, beverage, entertainment).
- Submission of a request does not guarantee funding.
Examples of categories that will be considered for funding include:
- Annual dinners and galas
- Golf tournaments
- Trivia nights
- Fun runs
- Other fundraising events to support the mission of the organization
Examples of categories that will not be considered for funding include:
- Music festivals/concert series
- Trainings for staff
- Conference attendance and speakers
- Capital campaigns
- Health fairs/screenings
- Any other event that is not a fundraiser
- Hospitals and hospital foundations
- Schools (including early childhood, primary, secondary and higher education)
- Government entities (including city, state, and local)
- Political groups and/or organizations (e.g., individuals running for office, political parties)