On May 7, 2015, FOCUS St. Louis, the region’s premier leadership organization, will honor 20 organizations, individuals, and initiatives that are making a difference in St. Louis at the 18th annual What’s Right with the Region! awards celebration. The honorees were nominated by the public and selected by a panel of community judges for their impact and service to the community.
FOCUS St. Louis will recognize the following outstanding honorees in five categories:
Demonstrating Innovative Solutions
Honorees in this category have demonstrated innovation and vision in making the St. Louis region a better place to live, work or visit.
- Citizens for Modern Transit
- Food Outreach, Inc.
- Missouri History Museum – Teens Make History Program
- Saint Louis Earth Day
Fostering Regional Cooperation
Honorees have brought entities together to create a new synergy and improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Behavioral Health Response
- Cover Missouri Coalition, an initiative by Missouri Foundation for Health
- Small Business Relief Program
- St. Louis Regional Interoperable Communications Core Group
Improving Racial Equality & Social Justice
Honorees have shown a commitment to promoting diversity, access and opportunity for all.
- Holocaust Museum and Learning Center
- North County Churches Uniting for Racial Harmony & Justice
- Starkloff Disability Institute
Promoting Stronger Communities
Honorees have worked to address problems, develop initiatives, or make lasting improvements that result in stronger, more stable communities.
- Call for Help, Inc.
- Ferguson Youth Initiative
- Friendly Temple Missionary Baptist Church
- UMSL Bridge Program
Responding to Community Needs & Entrepreneurs
Honorees are new organizations that are developing practical solutions, responding to identified needs and serving as catalysts for change.
- Healing Hearts Bank of National Council of Jewish Women – St. Louis Section
- Justine Petersen Housing and Reinvestment Corporation
- Legal Service of Eastern Missouri’s Community Economic Development Program
FOCUS will also present the prestigious board-designated FOCUS St. Louis Leadership Awards to Martin L. Mathews of Mathews-Dickey Boys’ and Girls’ Club and Chet Cantrell of the Christian Activity Center in East St. Louis.
All in the community are invited to help recognize these outstanding leaders at the 18th annual What’s Right with the Region! awards celebration.
What: What’s Right with the Region! Awards Reception and Celebration
When: Thursday, May 7, 2015 – 5 p.m. Reception; 6:30 p.m. Awards Presentation
Where: Sheldon Concert Hall, 3648 Washington Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63108
Cost: $50 per person; $35 for Young Professionals (under 30)
Register: Tickets are on sale now at www.focus-stl.org/WRWR
Co-chairs of this event are Ward Klein, CEO of Energizer Holdings, Inc., and Suzanne Sitherwood, President/CEO of The Laclede Group, Inc. Lead sponsors for the event include Edward Jones, Energizer Holdings, Inc., The Laclede Group, Monsanto and Wells Fargo Advisors.
Media sponsors for the event are FOX2 and KPLR 11, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch and St. Louis Public Radio.
Funds raised support the work of FOCUS St. Louis in developing leadership and building strong civic capacity. Further details and information are available at www.focus-stl.org.